Welcome!

My business is to provide people the opportunity to sample the exciting and challenging fishing available at the southern end of Lake Michigan. This page is dedicated to showing a bit of the behind-the-scenes work it takes to do that and to highlight the trips and fun my customers are able to experience.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

SHARE A CHARTER

  There are many reasons a person may want to go fishing. I could list the reasons from Action to Xcitement alphabetically, but the important words this time in the above sentence is “a person.” Singular, “a person” by him or herself, loner, a lone traveler or perhaps the only person of a larger group possessing the urge to go fishing.


AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN THE AREA
LET'S GO FISHING! 
 Imagine a person is traveling to Chicago or Northwest Indiana on business, to visit parents or other relatives. Imagine an avid angler  person sharing a vacation to the area with his or her spouse but the spouse has no desire to go fishing. Perhaps a fishing oriented person has heard of the world class fishing available on Lake Michigan and wants to sample it but has no regular fishing partners who share the same desire. Pick a reason, A to X (or Z).

I CAN HELP! 

  I set the prices for fishing trips on the Brother Nature trying to make them affordable for smaller groups. Still, I can’t afford to make a trip for two half the price of a trip for four or a trip for a single fisherman half the cost of a pair of fishermen. Basically, a single person has to pay the same as I charge a pair of people. Two people can’t go with me at the same price per person as three or four people.

  For some - several each season - price is not enough of an issue to cause them to shy away. They plunk down the price of a two person trip and off we go, just me and him.

  I’m sure there are many others who check out my website, check out my prices but decide the single person rate is just more than they are willing to spend. I don’t fault them. If nothing came with a price, we’d all be driving Cadillacs.

  Over the winter I heard of a company called Share a Fishing Charter. Their business model is simple. Charter captains like me list with them. Individuals or couples go to their website (www.shareafishingcharter.com) pick a date they’d like to fish and sign-up for it. Or they can look at what date others have pegged and see if that day works for their schedule. Either way, once three people sign up for the same day, all are contacted (along with me) and the arrangements are made.

  The individual anglers get to go fishing at a very more affordable rate than going alone, I get a booking for the day and Share a Fishing Charter earns a small commission. Everyone wins except the fish!

 
Check out Share a Fishing Charter and sign up for a fishing trip with me. If you are planning a trip other than to Indiana, check out their other listings for sharing partners in other places. I know I will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment